26.6.23

Fender bender

My wake up call

Woke up the shadows inside

The angel drowning in the white noise

A highway to self-destruction

Projections and bright lights

So high we lost the connection


Things shared, best kept under the cover of night

Should have kept our underpants and the lights on

Never looking for understanding

But an excuse to undermine the control

Let the darkness out from under the skin

Before we realize the mess we're in


Freedom was dancing with the walls of our cages

And nothing held us back with the eyes closed

I'm in outer space and you hold me close

I hang onto my shackles to keep ashore

Trying to lose my mind in the moment,

The moment of madness that mesmerized us

A moment of mindfulness could have blinded us


No fear in my eyes until too late

No reason to fear until I realized 

There was no me, there was only you

There was no you, there was only lust

Past the point of no return until we turned to dust

We fell in lust with the mirror

But the mirror showed us only rust


It wasn't about us

(or me) (or even you)


I don't think I can judge at all

Broadcasting the siren call 

Beckoning to the depths of the abyss

Maybe it is just miscommunication

I wasn't given enough information

To give informed consent to the situation

My imagination never hinted I was in


Such deep conversations inside my head

And yet unaware of how deep the consequences 

Would crawl through the nooks and crannies

Craving beautiful poison in open wounds

A lifetime is still too short to heal

Can't say I don't see the appeal

But inside my head it is noisy

And all songs end with us both being dead


An excuse to feel something

Feel alive again flirting with death

And I'm not ready to feel like 

A poor excuse for assisted suicide

Call shotgun on a crash and burn ride

While I'm barely afloat enough to save myself

You made me up as an excuse to hurt yourself

You made me your excuse to be yourself


A goddess and a tamed beast fell in love

But the goddess only wanted to be human

And what the beast missed was being wild.

Nenhum comentário: